*Attempting* to Photograph Black/Really Dark Background!

Camera: Canon EOS 50D

Mode: Av

Aperture:  F/5.6

Shutter speed: Automatic

ISO: Between 100 and 500 (changed a few times)

White balance: Cloudy (Approximately  6000K)

Exposure:  -2


So I wanted to try getting a shot at my rooster Toots with a very dark background. I took him to a place with cedar trees along our fence line where the sun didn't illuminate the background too much. Although it didn't work out as perfectly as I wanted, I'm still very surprised and happy with the results! 

The only two that worked very well (in achieving a dark background):



I have a hard time getting Toots' colors to pop out well in photos, and this time I got his colors to come out right! 
Some other photos:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If God Made The Universe, Who Made God?

Is The Bible Only Written by Man? A Short Answer...